THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Many of you are familiar with the concept of sharing content on Facebook. Most of you have shared numerous times on your personal profile, but you may not have shared something on your page before. Even if you are a social media rock star, you may not know how to share properly.
Yes, I said it… there is a wrong way to share other people’s content. If you just share and don’t write your own thoughts that is BAD! So, I have taken the time to break down the exact steps you need to easily share on Facebook. As a bonus, I am throwing in the step-by-steps on how to schedule your shared content! Use the 2 qualifying steps below to make sure you are sharing a good piece of content before you post it.
#1 CHECK THE RECEPTION:
When you find something worthy of sharing, go ahead and check the popularity or reception of the post itself. If the post got tons of negative attention, even if it is hilarious to you, you are likely not going to want to get wrapped up in it as it can drive fans and followers away from your page.
#2 CHECK THE SOURCES:
You can share from other people, but it is always better to share right from the original source. Why, you may ask? Most often, the original source will not have privacy restrictions like a person would, which could lead to most (if not all) of your audience not being able to see what you have posted. Second, they can tend to have a larger audience. If they do not have a large audience it’s still okay to share the post from them, but remember, maximum reach is our goal here!
How to Schedule Your Page Shares on Facebook
HOW TO SCHEDULE A SHARE ON FACEBOOK FOR PHOTOS:
1. Go the the photo post you want to share.
2. Open the full screen of the photo by clicking on it.
3. Grab the URL of the photo post you want to share.
4. Head to your page and post the url where you would normally write a post.
5. The URL will automatically populate the image and share credits below the post.
6. Craft an awesome post text about your share in your own language.
7. Add the name of the original source page by typing the @ symbol followed by the page name (this lets them know you shared their post and mentioned them. It helps build good relationships.)
9. To schedule the post for later click the arrow next to publish and select schedule from the drop down.
10. Select your date and time, and Facebook will post it automatically for you.
HOW TO SCHEDULE A VIDEO SHARE ON FACEBOOK:
1. Find the video you want to share.
2. Right click over the date and time stamp on the video & Click “Copy Link Address”.
3. Head to your page and paste the url where you would normally write a post. (The URL will automatically populate the image and share credits below the post.
4. Delete the URL and craft an awesome post.
Add the name of the original source page by typing the @ symbol followed by the page name. (This lets them know you shared their post and mentioned them. It helps build good relationships.)
5. To schedule the post for later, click the arrow next to publish and select schedule from the drop down.
6. Select your date and time, and Facebook will post it automatically for you.
I hope this has helped you and that you are going to get right to scheduling all your shares! If you are looking for more super helpful information, make sure you download The Ultimate Guide to Facebook Cheat Sheet—FREE!
If you are ready to learn a little more about Facebook, check out our post titled HOW TO MONITOR FACEBOOK NOTIFICATIONS TO SKYROCKET ENGAGEMENT!